Saturday, October 23, 2010

Susie Home Maker

Been in a baking mood since all the fall decorations have come out and Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Got my Taste of Home Magazine today and boy did it inspire me. I has these great Halloween lanterns I would love to try out this week, they look so simple too and super cute. I can't wait to do them! But also in this months Magazine there was some great Thanksgiving meal recipes. They have a whole section on "Sweet, Tart, & Tempting" can you guess what it is?? Caramel apples of course! Who can resist those? Man my eyes say yum and my brain says "just walk away, just walk away" but I can't sometimes. Self control is going to be a big issue I have to work on these holidays!

This Thanksgiving I want it all. I want the fancy traditional turkey slathered with butter & herbs, thrown in the oven to cook all day, stuffed with my mom's delicious stuffing recipe, with all the trimmings I remember as a kid. Stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, pumpkin pie and apple pie. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water and my stomach hurt =) Really hoping that I get to play hostess to some friends this year especially being it might be our last year here. If not then you know what I will do it all anyways! How bout that! I am a little nervous though. I haven't ever done a turkey on my own EVER. Mark and I have been married 11 yrs 2 months and 2 days and I have NEVER done my own whole turkey. I have done plenty of hams, plenty of turkey breasts but never my own turkey! Ohhhh Boy! I am looking forward to it though, just the whole day of the nice cool crisp air (yes it should be chilly by then), letting the kids play outside, getting all the food ready, having friends over, enjoying good food and good company! Did I mention I also want to go all out and decorate too?? My husband must think I am nuts sometimes and I admit I get an idea stuck in my head how things should look and how I want them to look, don't we all? Okay until another post! Love often, love much!

No comments: