Saturday, October 23, 2010

Autumn Splendor

It still hasn't quite hit that it is Fall here in Jacksonville Florida. It is our 3rd fall here in the city of Mayport. It's amazing to hear that parts of the Northern states are getting snow when we are in 80+ degree weather still enjoying our short sleeves, skirts, shorts, and flip flops. Autumn is my favorite season of them all. Winter usually is quite drab and cold with hardly any color but Christmas and Winter festivities are enjoyed none the less. Spring all the flowers bloom and the promise of Summer isn't very far behind. I do enjoy Spring though due to it kicking off our "Birthday Season" as I call it. Although I am sure our checking account/wallet cringe at the mere thought of "Birthday Season". But it's been "Fall" here since September when our calendar forces us to realize the weather should be changing. Not here apparently. I am wishing for cooler days, which don't get me wrong we have had a few, not many but a few. Nights are getting cooler, mornings are nice and breezy, just enough to want a light jacket. Although Mark says I am nuts since I am cold 98% of the time these days. Anyhow on with the updates...

We did our 3rd annual Autumn pictures last weekend. Went and found adorable matching outfits for all three kids,& yes we are THOSE parents LOL. Spent our small fortune and took some pics on the new nature trail out by the front of the Naval base. The children, bless their little hearts were all smiles and giggles about entertaining my demands for pictures. Thankfully they are quite used to me being "in their faces" for pictures. I got quite a few that I love. Our only down fall that day was the camera died, yup it just died, keeled over, kaput, dead, finito! Oh you should of seen me. I was not a happy Momma. Not to mention we still had to go to the Fall Festival! Can you imagine my panic about having to go with out a camera!! Oh yes. Not a pretty sight. But anyway, I got over it, let the kids enjoy their rides, games, & food. Had a GREAT day. This whole weekend was picturesque really. Sunday we went to the "farm" out in St.Augustine. Yeah it's pretty sad when you're farm contains 3 chickens, 1 pig, 1 goat, 1 donkey, a corn maze, and a sad looking pumpkin patch. Shoot never mind the dang patch all the kids wanted to do was jump on the popper! Ahhh to be young again LOL. So yeah we tried, won't ever go back and sadly it won't ever compare to the gorgeous setting of Belmont Farms out in Matthews County in VA. One of the only great things about VA we liked. We miss our little pumpkin patch out in East County San Diego where we lived in Lakeside, was adorable and fun not to mention FREE. So yes this farm was quite the disappointment and not to mention EXPENSIVE. WOOOWEEE it was expensive. After our trip to the farm we found "The Hyypo" which is a fresh little gourmet Popsicle shop in Old St.Augustine. They had delicious flavors of all kinds of freshly made Popsicle. Pricey but GREAT. We each got our Popsicle and devoured it right there in the store, even debated on getting a 2nd one. After deciding not to we walked around all the great little stores and decided to go to the S.W.I.N.G park. It was this great looking park with towers, swings, slides, bridges, cut outs for pictures, all sorts of things. We let the kids play and then took them home. Of course we were all tired so we enjoyed some nice Chinese take out from one of our local favorites and watched "How to Train your Dragon". We just love that movie.

This weekend we are keeping it low key for sure. Have bought Elora some cute but inexpensive fairy wings since that is what she would like to be for Halloween this year. I might make her another tulle skirt and have her wear some legging underneath, and a cute long sleeve shirt to match. Boys still haven't 100% decided what they wanted to be. So I might make Andrew his costume since he would really like to be Soren from Guardians of Ga'Hoole. Caleb wants to be another clone trooper. Again. LOL. I haven't been as excited for Halloween this year. I am not sure what is up with me. I haven't even bought a costume for myself this year. Not sure if I am going to?! I might be a witch or just slap on some fairy wings too. We'll see. You would think with all the weight loss I've just had that Id be out getting all sorts of new costumes, yeah not quite. ::shrugs::

New regs come out for us November 8th and guess what? It is our turn to choose. Am I excited. A little. Am I worried, not so much really. We'll make the best of where ever we end up. Sea Duty will suck that is for sure, usually does. Although we are on Shore Duty now and he works longer hours than he did when he was on Sea, which is ridiculous that is for sure. I am going to miss living on this base though, I am going to miss utilizing the Youth Center, the close friends the children have made, and the friendships I have looked forward to on a daily basis. Just have to make the best of what is to come. Until next time. Many laughs, hugs, & smiles.

No comments: